Image Map

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Biggest Pumpkin Ever plus FREEBIE

*****UPDATE: I just re-uploaded my unit. I completely forgot to add the labels!! Oops! If you already purchased it, please go back and redownload!****

I am so excited to finally be able to share with you my newest unit now available at my TPT store!

I also just started this mini-unit/book study with my kindlers and they are LOVING it!!! It goes with one of my all time favorite "Halloween-themed" books, The Biggest Pumpkin Ever by Steven Kroll.
Here's a peek:



Click HERE to check it out!

One of the items in this unit is a Pumpkin Exploration.  I will be doing this with my little ones on Friday! Then, we will carve our pumpkin and start our decomposition science experiment.  They are BEYOND excited about getting to help carve out our pumpkin {i'm not going to lie...I'm a little excited too}!!


Here's a little art project we completed today.  Super simple but the kids love getting to paint!  We simply painted our pumpkins {I drew the outline for them}, then cut them out, glued them on, and added our sentence!  They did such a good job and the pumpkins really 'pop' on the black paper!

{did I REALLY expect the picture to work...I mean COME ON!!!!}

I just love this time of year, don't you?!
What's your favorite story to read?


13 comments:

  1. Love the cuteness!!! Making learning fun, the way it should be!! YEAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book today! It was the literacy connection for our art class project. Your unit looks terrific!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST blogged about how that is one of my favorite Halloween books!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to purchase the unit- couldn't help myself!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, you've just been Boo-ed! Head over to my blog to check out the rules and play along!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You put really very helpful information rokka braves of the six flowers season 2 Keep it up. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely enjoying reading your article doxycycline monohydrate You give us some great information and marvelous stories

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting blog related to pumpkin, its growth chart and another fun activities.Zaii Tech You can learn here how to make your own funniest memes.

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!