Image Map

Monday, September 17, 2012

Management Monday...a linky!

Rachelle and Natalie are the super-teachers from What the Teacher Wants and they are hosting a Management Monday Linky Party!

Here's a peek into some fun behavior management items I use in my classroom.

{sadly this is the best picture I have of my behavior chart...how horrible is that?!  Sorry}

First up is my behavior chart/system.  Every day students start out on "green" and move up or down according to the choices they make throughout the day.  The great thing that I love about clip charts is that it makes it easier for students to move up and down and "change their color."  For instance, when I used color cards {cardstock paper in a pocket chart} many of my kids would drop and lose cards, tear cards, pull the pocket chart down, etc... It's really shocking how much "damage" occurred when I used that system! :)

I also like to give "chances" to move their clip back up if student's change their behavior around.  Of course this does not pertain to student's who created a sever offense {put their hands on others, etc...}.


I also use Sparkler's as a table management tool.  You can read all about these fun little fuzzy balls HERE!  By far my FAVORITE classroom management tool and positive reinforcer!

{photo courtesy of Ms. Lamb and What the Teacher Wants...I can't find my photo :(  }

I use Mystery Words as a behavior management tool with the whole class.  We get to turn over one letter everytime we get a compliment as a class from another teacher/adult.  I will also give my kids a 'compliment' if they are all doing a wonderful job in the classroom {working quietly} or in the hallway {walking quietly and in a nice line}.  The rewards are fun things that are just not food related.  Rewards include: "write with markers," "extra free choice," "picnic," "movie," "popscicle party," etc..

Even with all these wonderful things {at least I like to think so} some days I just don't feel like I've got it.  A handle on them that is! :)  Like today, PHEW! Day 20 felt more like Day2!

Here's to hoping the rest of the week goes a lot smoother.

For more awesome behavior management ideas click below! :)

 

5 comments:

  1. Kelly, I LOVE the mystery word!! I build words too...but never thought of doing it out of order. So clever :) Thanks for sharing!

    Kimberly
    Click to get 31 bags at 31% OFF!
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea! I love the mystery word too!
    ą®Rikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really fun when they can't guess the mystery word! HA! :)

    Thanks for linking up!
    -Rachelle {& Natalie}
    What The Teacher Wants

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute ideas!

    I just found your blog through this linky party....awesome! I'm a new follower.

    I'd love it if you stopped by my new blog...go ahead and enter my giveaway before Saturday while you're there. ;)

    Amy
    What Happens in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mystery word is such a great idea! Love it! :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!